Introducing EverTrue Cuddle
America’s most trusted crib mattress company, Colgate Mattress, today introduced the EverTrue™ Cuddle™, the industry’s first and only crib mattress featuring two sides of body regulating surfaces. As the newest edition to Colgate’s EverTrue Collection, the Cuddle is engineered to provide safe, comfortable sleep by maintaining an ideal temperature in the baby’s sleep environment. Each handcrafted mattress has earned the coveted GREENGUARD Gold seal of approval and meets the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) guidelines for infant sleep safety and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) risk reduction.
The EverTrue Cuddle’s dual design includes a firm support side for newborns and a softer side for toddlers. The extra firm infant side contains NaturesWeave™, a mattress component made of 100% recyclable materials, which allows air to flow freely throughout the crib mattress. The toddler side is constructed with a layer of cool gel memory foam, providing additional comfort and temperature control. Each side is clearly marked for easy identification.
“Colgate’s EverTrue Cuddle is engineered to enhance air flow thanks to innovative materials that help address this well-documented safety concern,” said Terri Paul, specialty division marketing director for Colgate. “Each Cuddle is the perfect marriage of craftsmanship and technology, made with the high standards that have been Colgate’s hallmark for 60 years.”
According to the AAP, research suggests that SIDS occurs when an infant’s body has difficulty regulating breathing, cardiovascular functions, and/or body temperature. While the cause of SIDS has not yet been discovered, overheating due to clothing, blankets, or room temperature has been identified as a factor that contributes to an increased risk of SIDS. Other factors include babies sleeping on their stomachs and the use of unsafe beds, such as couches and adult mattresses.
Form Meets Function
Created with today’s busy, modern Mom in mind, the EverTrue Cuddle crib mattress also boasts the following features:
- Lightweight core – At less than 15 lbs., the Cuddle’s core construction is lightweight. Lifting to change the sheets is less strenuous. It is 6” thick, features plant oil-infused eco foam and fits all standard sized cribs.
- Waterproof cover – Both infant and toddler sides have medical-grade, anti-bacterial waterproof ticking, preventing diaper leaks from seeping into the mattress.
- Breathable construction – Side ventilation creates the perfect microclimate for baby by allowing air to flow freely throughout the mattress.
- Modern designs – Available in three clean, modern designs. Fabric choices include the Chick-A-Dee, Dottie Lottie and Squiggles in gender-neutral colors.
- Affordably priced – Sold in partnership with Colgate independent specialty retailers, including Brixy stores nationwide. MSRP: $299 with a limited lifetime warranty.
EverTrue: A different kind of crib mattress
Widely regarded as the inventor of the modern crib mattress, Colgate continues to innovate the industry with its revolutionary EverTrue Collection. As part of its “Total Safe Sleep System,” the Colgate EverTrue line has expanded to include six models. Each consists of three components that ensure enhanced airflow and improved oxygenation for baby. The proprietary, breathable honeycomb mesh core optimizes air circulation and features plant oil-infused eco foam. All EverTrue mattresses are GREENGUARDGold certified and exceed the industry’s highest safety standards.
“Colgate has long been the first to introduce new product innovations, and we’re accelerating our pace to incorporate valuable features that parents find attractive,” Paul added. “Combined with our focus on safety and quality, Colgate is truly helping both Mom and baby sleep better.”