https://colgatekids.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/baby-hand-washing-blog.png 315 560 Jennifer Joyner https://colgatekids.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Colgate-Mattress-resized-logo-1-300x150.png Jennifer Joyner2020-03-13 18:36:042020-03-31 15:20:02Coronavirus – What’s Your Family’s Next Step?
Coronavirus – What’s Your Family’s Next Step?
We know people are worried about the wellness of their family. It’s hard to escape talk of Coronavirus right now. It’s in the news, on TV and in your face when your local store sells out of things like disinfecting wipes or hand sanitizer.
As a part of our public service response to COVID-19, we’re sharing the American Academy of Pediatrics’ tips on how to keep your family healthy:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer. Look for one that is 60% or higher alcohol-based.
- Keep your kids away from others who are sick or keep them home if they are ill.
- Teach kids to cough and sneeze into a tissue (make sure to throw it away after each use!) or to cough and sneeze into their arm or elbow, not their hands.
- Clean and disinfect your home as usual using regular household cleaning sprays or wipes.
- Avoid touching your face; teach your children to do the same.
- Avoid travel to highly infected areas.
The potential for disruption to daily life is high, but the CDC still says the risk is low and the recommendations for keeping kids safe from coronavirus are just the same as they are during the typical cold and flu season.
To get the latest COVID-19 updates, visit the American Academy of Pediatrics parenting website, HealthyChildren.org.