We hope that all expecting parents enjoy the excitement and anticipation of welcoming your new little one into the world. We also know that during pregnancy it can be a roller coaster of emotions for Mom and Dad. It’s easy to get overwhelmed with all the choices to make in a relatively short period of time, but don’t worry, you can do this. As always, don’t hesitate to contact us if you can’t find an answer you’re looking for.
Crib Notes on Crib Mattresses
Here are a few quick tips to remember as you begin your search:
- Don’t compare the attributes of your adult mattress to your child’s crib mattress. Firmer is better when it comes to babies. Your baby’s soft bones and muscles need more support than an adult’s.
- All materials that come in contact with your baby’s skin should be safe. Look for GREENGUARD Gold and CertiPUR-US seals of approval.
- There are three types of crib mattresses: foam, innerspring and organic. All three are good options.
- When choosing a foam mattress, the firmer and heavier the foam, the better.
- When choosing an innerspring mattress, the thickness of the coils is more important than the number of coils. And choose one with border rods for edge support.